This past stay-at-home year has been a difficult one for our communities and all of us as individuals, but there have also been small sparks of hope and room for self-improvement, evaluation, and learning new skills. Learning is important for personal development and wellness. We at Learn for Life offer both live and pre-recorded online art and music classes. I’m going to be discussing the online pre-recorded membership classes that we offer, why they are beneficial to you, and how to enroll for your 14 day free trial.
The pre-recorded asynchronous online lessons are available through the membership portal on our Learn for Life website. Once you are signed up, you will have access to a diverse library of music, art, and therapy lessons created by our highly knowledgeable instructors and therapists (you can learn more about them here). These learning videos go in-depth into each topic, leaving you with new skills and techniques after every one. Each week a new virtual lesson is uploaded to the membership channel.
Some of the latest pre-recorded lessons on the channel are:
· Piano Techniques for Music Production · Create Fantasy World Maps · Self-Care Meditation · “Here Comes the Sun” Lyric · Sequential Emotions, Part 1 and 2 · Write a Lyric Poem · Synthesis and Sound Design · Scribble Chase Art Therapy Technique · Seated Yoga Flow · Nature Relaxation
Brenda Ueland (1891 – 1985), a journalist and author, once said, “Everybody is talented because everybody who is human has something to express”. I agree with Ueland and believe that the arts are for everyone and it is never too late to learn and develop your creativity.
Learn for Life’s pre-recorded online arts lessons are perfect for you, regardless of where you are in life. Some people who can benefit from this form on online learning are:
· Working people who cannot attend classes during designated hours
· Parents who have to care for children during the day
· High chool and College students needing a creative outlet from regular classes
· People with disabilities who want access to quality arts education and therapy
· Anyone who wants to expand their creative skills on their own schedule
Signing up for our Pre-Recorded Online Learning Membership is simple.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page. You can choose between the $8/membership for one person OR $12/month for a group.
3. Once you choose your plan, click “Start Free Trial” for your 14-day free trial.
4. Click “Sign up” and input your information and desired password.
5. Click “Buy Now” and you’ll be redirected to the PayPal website to complete your secure transaction.
6. Once your sign up is complete, you will be able to sign in on the Learn for Life website and access the virtual lessons under the “Pre-recorded Channel” tab.
“Knowledge has to be improved, challenged, and increased constantly, or it vanishes,”
- Peter Druker (1909 – 2005), founder of modern management
Start your Free Trial channel membership today and continue on your journey of improving and challenging your creative knowledge. We at Learn for Life aim to provide the highest quality online art and music education and therapy that is accessible to truly anyone. The pre-recorded educational subscription is an extension of our inclusive learning environment.
Sydney Davis-Campos is the Virtual Learning Coordinator at Able ARTS Work, Learn for Life. She has a B.A. in Studio Art and Art History. Sydney has worked at Able ARTS Work for almost 5 years where she has also held the positions of Art Instructor and an Assistant Program Manager.